Established in 1924, Rural Action Derbyshire (formerly Derbyshire Rural Community Council) is an independent organisation and registered charity operating across the county.
RAD aims to improve the life of those living and working in rural Derbyshire.
RAD’s objectives are:
- To support rural community development.
- To address rural disadvantage and counter the effects of isolation.
- To improve access to services for people living in rural communities.
- To inform and challenge statutory service providers about the needs of rural communities.
RAD works to meet its aim and objectives this in two ways:
- By providing direct services to help people and groups in rural communities;
- By raising awareness of the issues faced by rural communities.
RAD is one of 38 rural community councils in England and is a member of the Rural Community Action Network (RCAN), headed up by ACRE
A view over Ladybower Reservoir
RAD is a member of the Derbyshire COMPACT - to read more about the COMPACT click here
How are we funded?
Rural Action Derbyshire is the trading name of Derbyshire Rural Community Council, a Charitable Company Limited By Guarantee. We receive a small income from membership fees and sponsorship, but we rely on the support of our public sector partners - including Defra, Derbyshire County Council, all other local councils in the county, plus income earned from specific project management fees.
To read more details, visit our Funding page.