Training Sessions for Community Befriending Champions
The next Befriending Champions Training sessions will be in:
- Melbourne on Wednesday 28th June
- Long Eaton on Wednesday 5th July
- Bakewell on Tuesday 11th July
- Bolsover on Wednesday 12th July and
- Ripley on Wednesday 19th July.
There are three sessions throughout the day:
- Dementia Friends Information Session (9.30 to 10.15 am) – learn more about dementia and how you can help to create dementia friendly communities
- Befriending Champions training session (10.30 am to 1.00 pm)– find out what it is to be a Befriending Champion, the skills needed and how to carry out the role
- Microgrant funding information/workshop session (1.30 pm to 3.15 pm) – support to develop project ideas that reduce isolation and loneliness in Derbyshire, how to apply for the microgrant, and help to access other sources of local funding.
The day runs from 9.30 am to 3.15 pm. People can attend one, two or all three sessions. Lunch is provided.
More information is available here .
Would you like to attend the training or want more information? Then contact Richard Murrell, Derbyshire Befriending Champion Co-ordinator, on 01283 219761 or email email@example.com.