Suicide Awareness Training Seminar
Friday 20th October 2017
We believe that suicide is everybody’s concern, and that individual tragedies can be prevented. We aim to increase awareness around the subject and to help remove the stigma which can be a barrier for those who need help and support in a time of crisis.
This FREE half-day training seminar enables participants to:
- Examine their own attitudes
- Find out about (and challenge) the myths that surround suicide
- Discover the likely suicide risk factors and warning signs
- Find out how they might help someone at risk of suicide and self-harm
- Take advantage of a great networking opportunity
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The free training is supported by funding from Derbyshire County Council this event is only for people working with people in Derbyshire. The seminar is suitable for all, but particularly valuable for those whose work is more likely to bring them into contact with people at greater risk of suicide and self-harm.
Active participation in the seminar is encouraged with group work and open discussions.
Please note that generally we will only offer 3 free places to each organisation per course; however the SAT team can work with employers in the city to tailor the course for their staff, and client group. Please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
THERE IS A HIGH DEMAND FOR THESE COURSES. IF YOU BOOK A TICKET AND DO NOT ATTEND WITHOUT CANCELLING YOUR PLACE, WE MAY HAVE TO CHARGE A CANCELLATION FEE.
- Date: Friday 20th October 2017
- Time:Registration from 9.00am, training starts promplty at 9.30am and is due to finish at 1.00pm.
- Venue: The Old Post Centre, High Street, Newhall, Swadlincote, DE11 0HX
- To Book: Bookings can be made via Eventbrite online (click here) or by contacting email@example.com.