Derbyshire Money Week - Monday 13th February to Saturday 18th February 2017
Help and Advice on Managing Money
Derbyshire County Council (DCC) and Financial Action & Advice Derbyshire (FAAD) have organised a week of activities to provide a bit of advice and support about how best to budget when things get tough.
They offer support with issues such as welfare rights, debt and benefits and teams up with other agencies, voluntary groups and charities which can help in a financial crisis.
There's lots of information available online to help you make the most of your money and here are a few ideas to help get you started.
You can find out how to make the most of your income, become a savvy saver and get help with money worries during Derbyshire Money Week.
There will be support from a range of organisations including Citizens Advice, community banks, financial support and advice agencies and community and voluntary groups.
Visitors will be invited to find out more about a variety of issue including dealing with debt, saving and alternatives to high-cost borrowing, benefits checks, cooking on a budget, energy switching, pensions advice, help with childcare, free school meals and how to avoid scams and loan sharks.
There will also be a chance to take part in the 'You can do plenty with twenty' challenge to win £20 to grow or invest using the ideas on offer.
Derbyshire Money Week Roadshows − coming to a town near you
All roadshows will run from approximately 10am to 3.30pm (there may be slight local variations):
- Monday 13 February 2017, Alfreton − Tesco car park, Hall Street
- Tuesday 14 February 2017, Buxton − Buxton Market, Market Place/Sainsbury's car park
- Tuesday 14 February 2017, Clay Cross − Tesco car park, Bridge Street North
- Wednesday 15 February 2017, Matlock − Matlock Market, Hall Leys Park
- Thursday 16 February 2017, Chesterfield − Chesterfield Market, Market Place
- Thursday 16 February 2017, Ilkeston − Ilkeston Market, Market Place, Bath Street
- Friday 17 February 2017, Shirebrook − Shirebrook Market, Market Square
- Saturday 18 February 2017, Swadlincote − Swadlincote Market, The Delph Market Square.
Roadshow stalls will include Citizens Advice, community banks, the county council's welfare rights, trading standards and library service digital inclusion teams, Financial Action and Advice Derbyshire, Marches Energy Agency Fantastic Homes Vehicle, P3, Amber Trust, Derby Help and Advice, Derbyshire Law Centre and Wheels to Work.
There will also be interactive games, competitions and children's entertainment.
We offer support and advice about a range of money issues including debt, managing money, welfare rights, benefits, legal matters and saving.
For more information, click here.