Membership of RAD
WHY BECOME A MEMBER? - WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU....
- As a member you will benefit from RAD’s extensive contacts with policy makers in the county and throughout England.
- RAD has regular contact with all local district and borough Councils, the County Council, the Peak District National Park Authority; we are members and hosts of the Derbyshire third sector consortium (3D); members of the Rural Community Action East Midlands forum, and the national association of RCCs (ACRE).
- RAD contributes a rural perspective to consultations by government, local government, funders of third sector activity and other initiatives that impact on the third sector.
- All this means we can convey your concerns and views to the right people, and they will listen because we can demonstrate we are speaking from an informed perspective. To enable us to do this we need to develop our reach into local communities so that RAD can be the voice for Derbyshire’s rural communities.
- PLUS, we can interpret what is happening in all these forums for you with policy updates, briefings, our magazine Rural Matters, and special member events to bring you closer to the decisions that affect you and to give you the opportunity to help shape those decisions.
- You will also have the opportunity to participate in the governance and policy making of a dynamic and forward looking charity. As a member you can vote at the DRCC AGM and become a trustee of the organisation, or nominate other members for election as trustees.
WHAT IT MEANS FOR US...
- Added oomph! Your membership helps make us an even stronger voice for Derbyshire’s rural communities.
- The chance to hear and learn from organisations and individuals on the ground.
- An opportunity to strengthen our policy making by gaining input from a wide range of stakeholders.
- As a recruiting ground for the skilled and committed trustees we need to take our organisation forward.
More about RAD Membership