Residents can find out how to make the most of their income, become a savvy saver and get help with their money worries during Derbyshire Money Week.
Derbyshire County Council has teamed up with FAAD (Financial Action and Advice Derbyshire) to organise the week with support from a range of organisations including Citizens Advice, community banks, financial support and advice agencies and community and voluntary groups.
Money Week will run during half-term from Monday 13 to Saturday 18 February with events and a roadshow in every Derbyshire borough and district.
Visitors will be invited to find out more about a variety of issue including dealing with debt, saving and alternatives to high-cost borrowing, benefits checks, cooking on a budget, energy switching, pensions advice, help with childcare, free school meals and how to avoid scams and loan sharks.
Derbyshire Money Week roadshow timetable
All roadshows will run from approximately 10am to 3.30pm (there may be slight local variations):
- Monday 13 Feb: Tesco car park, Hall Street, Alfreton
- Tuesday 14 Feb: Buxton Market, Market Place/Sainsbury’s car park, Buxton and Tesco car park, Bridge Street North, Clay Cross
- Wednesday 15 Feb: Matlock Market, Hall Leys Park, Matlock
- Thursday 16 Feb: Chesterfield Market, Market Place, Chesterfield and Ilkeston Market, Market Place, Bath Street, Ilkeston
- Friday 17 Feb: Shirebrook Market, Market Square, Shirebrook
- Saturday 18 Feb: Swadlincote Market, The Delph Market Square, Swadlincote
There will be a range of other events around the county during Derbyshire Money Week.
For up to date listings and more information on organisations attending, competitions and prizes visit our Derbyshire Money Week Facebook page by clicking on the following link
OR to download a pdf listing use the link below.