PAT Testing Workshop
Quick Test is working with Rural Action Derbyshire to keep your community building safe with a Portable Appliance Testing workshop.
Wednesday 3rd August 2016 (at a reduced rate)
1.30pm and 4.30pm
Strutts Community Centre, Belper
Did you know . . .
- You are required by law to ensure that the electrical appliances you supply in your community building are safe! The IET code of practice recommends visual inspection and PAT testing as a means to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of your appliances
- If there is a fire in your hall the insurance company may reduce the payout if you cannot produce your PAT testing records even if the fire was not caused by an electrical fault.
- The safety of your electrical appliances is important every day. Not just the day the PAT testing is done.A regime of checking the condition of appliances in your hall is so easy to put in place.
Reasons to attend a PAT Testing Training Course
- Save the cost of hiring a contractor by PAT testing yourself
- Convenience - You can PAT test at your convenience rather than that of the contractor
- Even if you don’t want to carry out your own PAT testing you will know what your responsibilities are. You will know what your PAT testing contractor should be doing and when.
Requirements to attend the Quick Test PAT training course
- Common Sense – you do not have to be an electrician to PAT Test
- Half a day of your time
A Certificate of Competence in PAT testing will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
All delegates will keep the fully illustrated training manual used on the course.
The half-day workshop delegate fee is £95 – a good investment for your organisation over time, as it could save you the cost of regularly hiring a private contractor as well as helping you to keep your community buildings and premises safe.
Book you place by completing the booking form below (this will download a Word document and you may need to 'enable editing' to be able to complete it online). If you have any problems, please contact Helena Stubbs firstname.lastname@example.org.