We offer a regular programme of training for Village Halls and Community Buildings.
Trustee Roles & Responsibilities - Charitable Village Halls.
Your village hall management committee - constitutional and organisational issues involved in managing a charitable village hall.
The session will include:
- Understanding your governing document
- Explaining the two different types of village hall trustees
- Committee meetings and the role of committee members
- Holding effective AGMs
- Charities Act 2011 (what trustees need to know about their legal requirement)
- Trustee liability insurance
When and Where
Wednesday 26th July 2017 1.30pm to 4.30pm at Tansley Village Hall, Church Street, Tansley, Matlock, DE4 5FH (not to be confused with Tansley Community Hall which is also on Church Street).
How much does it cost?
The cost is £36 per delegate (£30 + VAT). Payment details are on the Booking Form
How to Book
For more information and to download the Booking Form, click here .
Accessibility Training Seminar
Training on Making Village & Community Halls more Accessible will be running later in the year. To register your interest, please contact Helena Stubbs using the contact details below.
This three hour training session will be led by Nimbus Disability and Helena Stubbs from Rural Action Derbyshire. This training is aimed at helping village and community hall managers understand their legal responsibilities. The Equality Act 2010 legally protects people from discrimination in the workplace and in wider society.
The session will include:
- Understanding what disability is
- Awareness of legislation relating ot disabled people including The Equality Act 2010
- Understanding how to improve access for disabled people - and why.
- Understanding of the benefits to your organisation
- How to carry out an access audit
- The need for an Equal Opportunities Policy
For more information about our training programmes, contact:
Helena Stubbs, Village Halls Advisor
Telephone: 01629 592973
Marketing and Social Media Training Resources:
- Social Media Presentation
- Social Media Scheduling
- Survey Monkey Survey Writing Guide
- Getting Started with Mail Chimp
- Marketing Your Village Hall Presentation November 2016
- MHA Sample Hire Charges 2016
Other projects on a similar theme:
3D is a network of 25 local voluntary sector support agencies in Derby & Derbyshire.
Helping local communities to set out their vision for the future and bring about change.
Access to financial services and products and being able to deal with money.
RAD ready to help communities tap into Neighbourhood Planning
Contributiing to national debates and policy formation.
RAD has a proud record of providing specialist support, information and advice to village and community halls for over 9...
A community bulk-buying scheme for domestic heating oil, kerosene aga or clean burn additive
Practical transport solutions to help local people access work and training opportunities.