Planning for the future of your community...
By producing a community-led plan (also known as Parish Plan) you can be pro-active in giving your community a real voice, allowing it to shape a brighter future.
A Community-Led Plan can:
- Give you evidence to support funding applications which can be used to provide better services and facilities in your village
- Help to influence and inform policy making and strategies for your area
- Be fun! They can be a great way to bring the community together to decide what you want for its future
Community Led Plans should cover all aspects that your community believes important and that will affect it. Issues that may be included could be:
- Local Housing Needs
- Access to Services
- Local Amenities
The End Result:
- Once a Plan has been completed you will have a working document with information about your parish, locally identified needs of the community and an action plan that addresses those needs.
- An enthusiastic community with a sense of ownership of the action plan
It is hard work - you must be prepared for it to take up to 12 months to complete - but the end result is well worth it!
To find out more contact Joe Dugdale on 01629 821924 or Helena Stubbs on 01629 821925.Go back to Community Led Planning